Our practice is now open, but it is not business as usual.
The treatments you will be offered will be dependent on staff and equipment available as some PPE is in short supply. It will take some time before services return to normal. We are committed to your safety, please be patient.
Infection control is our top priority, keeping both our patients and staff safe. We have initiated new infection control procedures following up-to-date guidance.
• Our practice will continue triaging via the telephone, and where a visit is required you’ll be asked the same questions again at your appointment, please be patient.
• We have always had hand sanitiser directly by the door as you enter the practice. Please use it.
• We no longer offer magazines and children’s books as these can’t be cleaned and disinfected, hopefully you will not be kept waiting.
• Appointments will be managed to allow for deep cleaning of the surgeries between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
How you can help:
• With the exception of children and patients with carers, patients should come alone.
• A distance of at least 2 metres must be observed if another patient is present in the dental practice. We can only have limited numbers of patients in the surgery at any one time.
• Staff will not shake your hand.
• If you show symptoms following appointment booking, you should contact the practice by phone.
• Please do not arrive early to the practice. If necessary, you should wait outside the practice or in your car. Please call us to let us know you are outside.
• Please do not arrive without an appointment.
• Please clean your teeth before you leave home as there are no facilities for this at the surgery.
• The toilet is for emergency use only.
These measures will help us to navigate the next few months safely until some kind of normality returns.