Crowns, Bridges, and Veneers
If you have a damaged or decayed tooth, our dentists can help you choose the best solution. Crowns and bridges are custom-fitted tooth prosthetics that function and look like natural, healthy teeth. Veneers are a less invasive alternative, but may only be a solution for those with slight tooth damage or discoloration. These thin porcelain or resin shells come in customizable colors and are bonded to the surface of your teeth.
Here is how it works:
- An impression is taken of the tooth that needs restoring.
- A crown is made in the dental laboratory to fit the tooth precisely and match the neighbouring teeth.
- The tooth is then prepared and the crown fitted securely on top.
A crown could be a good solution for you if you have some discoloured fillings and would like to improve their appearance. Crowns can be used to replace these to give you a more appealing smile. Additionally, if you have had root canal treatment you will need a crown to protect or cap the restored tooth, allowing you to eat and bite down on it as if it was a real tooth. Crowns are also used to anchor a bridge or denture firmly in place in the mouth.
Are your teeth stained, chipped, or not aligned on top of each other? Veneers are a good treatment option if your teeth stained, chipped, or not aligned.
Veneers look like natural teeth and don’t require a major procedure. Veneers can also be used to close small gaps when braces are not suitable. If one tooth is slightly out of position, a veneer can sometimes be fitted to bring it into line with the others. Here is how they work:
- A veneer is a very thin, tooth-coloured piece of porcelain (like a false finger nail, but more durable) that is bonded on top of your own tooth.
- Based on your needs, the shape and size of the veneers can be adjusted to make your teeth overall look longer and or closer together.
You can have just one veneer fitted or a whole set, known as a smile makeover.
For more information please call 020 8897 8551.
- Monday:9:30 am – 5:30 pm
- tuesday:9:30 am – 5:30 pm
- wednesday: 9:30 am – 5:30 pm
- thursday: 9:30 am – 5:30 pm
- friday:9:30 am – 5:30 pm
- saturday:9:30 am – 12:30 pm
Ask the Expert
Have a brief question you would like answered by one of our experts? Please use the form below:
Error: Contact form not found.